Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Special Agent OSO- Cupcakes

My 2 year old son is obsessed with airplanes and Disney's Special Agent OSO. When it came time to have his 2nd birthday we decided to do an airplane party but with Special Agent OSO cupcakes.

When I make cupcakes with a theme other than "frosting" I prefer to use as much pre-made items as possible. I would rather cut up candy and marshmallows than pipe tiny eyes, ears and noses etc.


This is how I made them:

BASE:
 Yellow frosting-I made mango frosting and colored it with yellow gel food coloring

EARS:
*Yellow circle sour gummy candies- I found mine at the dollar store, they were multi-colored happy face sour candies. 
*Green writing/decorating gel- On the Yellow circle candies, draw with the green gel along the edge to make a "C" shape to outline the ear.

NOSE/ MOUTH:
*Caramel candies with a "milk" center- I didn't have to do anything other than un-wrap it and stick it on the cupcake!
*Mini chocolate chip-for the nose

EYES
*Dots candy-I fished out all the green ones and sliced them in half and arranged them above the Nose/Mouth as the outline of the Eyes-FLAT SIDE UP.
*Mini Marshmallows cut into thirds width-wise, then used 2 pieces and placed on top of Dots candy.
*Mini chocolate chips-1 on each marshmallow to finish the eyes.

Special Agent Oso Cupcakes...."It's all part of the Plan...More or Less..."


No comments:

Post a Comment