Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crock Pot Beef Dip Sandwiches

There have been several recipes going around the blogs lately for slow cooker beef dip sandwiches. I tried them and couldn't get exactly what I wanted....so I had to make my own. My family loves these and they are so easy to make! I wish I could have taken a picture of the finished product, however this is a family favorite and as soon as it was done, it was devoured, leaving me nothing to photograph!

Crock Pot Beef Dip Sandwiches


Ingredients:

3-4 lb. Beef Roast already sliced thin (the beef I buy, sliced thin is labeled Milanesa)
1 packet Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1 packet Au Jus Gravy
1 10.5-oz. can condensed French onion soup 
1 1/2 cans of water or beef broth
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) (I save and use the packets that we get with pizza, its about a half packet for this recipe.)
Slices of mozzarella or Provolone cheese (optional)
Sub rolls (Bolillo Rolls or the bakery made hamburger rolls) 


Additional Optional Variations: 
*Adding 1 half sliced onion and sliced bell pepper to the slow cooker. 
*Sauteing onion and bell pepper on the side to top the sandwiches

Directions:
*Combined the condensed soup, Au Jus gravy packet and water/broth, red pepper flakes - whisk all together. 
*Pour 1/4 cup of the soup mixture into the bottom of the crock pot, 
*Set the remaining mixture aside. 
*Place a thin layer of beef on the bottom of the crock pot. 
*Lightly sprinkle onion soup mix on top of the beef layer.
(This is the first layer)
  
*Place another layer of beef and sprinkle with the soup mix. 
*Repeat layering and sprinkling seasoning until all the beef is into the crock pot. 
*Pour the remaining soup mixture over the top of the beef. 
*Set Crock pot on low for 5-6 hours. 

Assembly: Once the beef is cooked.....
*Slice rolls in half, place on cookie sheet. 
*Place sliced cheese (optional) on one half of each roll. 
*Broil to toast the bread and melt the cheese. It only takes a minute or less!! 
*I like to spoon about 1/2 a Tbsp of Au Jus (meat juices from the crock pot) onto the toasted roll.
*Top with meat and Sandwich up! Slice sandwiches in half for easy dipping! 
*I ladle out the juices from the crock pot into individual bowls for everyone to dip their sandwiches in. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment