Thursday, October 6, 2011

My NEW nearly prized posessions - Wooden Spoons & Spatulas

For my birthday, my mom asked me for some ideas of things I really need and want. I appreciate that, birthday gifts are intended to be surprises and gifts from the heart. But I don't see them any less loved or less valued if they were given with some inspiration involved. I told her a few things I was hoping for, like pajamas or a new-age crock pot cookbook etc.....Then I remembered the Paula Deen Signature Collection Wood Spoons and Spatulas....


*Crafted from Acacia wood
* Copper plated ring for hanging
* Thick, sturdy handles
* Silicone spatula removable for the dishwasher

Here was my chance! I currently own one spatula, it has served me very well but needs some back up before it retires. Ive purchased wooden spoons in the past in envy of the ones I grew up with and also the ones I used in culinary school. But each time I set out to buy some they were out of my budget or couldn't be found. Somehow I always ended up with the pale, skinny, short, wooden spoons that come in a pack of 6 - probably because they snap after 2 uses.  I simply stopped using them and my spatula has been my trusty go-to since.

The anticipation began, I wondered what, of the things I suggested, would become my birthday gifts. The box arrived, my husband opened it, thinking it was some car part he had ordered - then he said...."uhhh I think this is for you." I'll admit it - I ran to that box like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

"They're Here"..... "It's THEM"..... "THEY'RE MIIIIIIIINE!"
*Big happy sigh*



Aren't they pretty?




To put them in anything that would hide their beauty would be a shame. Behold - the pickle jar! It displays their sturdy handles and copper rings.


But wait, there's one thing missing......


A Polka Dot Bow!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment