Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Under the Sink Organization - and clearing up homeless clutter!

Pinterest is my recent muse. The ideas, tips, and everything else I find there have been fabulous and I test them out and improve them or add on my own twist! "Under the Sink Organization" involves a tip I found on Pinterest, but with my improvements is now a fantastic tip on steroids!

Previously, under my kitchen sink there are MANY different cleaning products and usually a box or large bowl of catch-all items that build up and spill over the sides and spread out all over the bottom of the kitchen sink cabinet. Which leads to me fishing for something I need, then getting completely distracted from the original task because I found something else I was looking for a few days ago.....its a vicious cycle that must be ended!

What you need:
Shortest shower curtain tension style rod available (if your only hanging spray bottles a regular tension rod is fine and cheaper. However, if you are also hanging other items like I have, you need the shower curtain rod because its more sturdy and won't fall down from the extra weight.)

Gallon size plastic storage bags

Smallest child / infant hangers - ones that fit onto the gallon size bag (I didn't want to go to the store and buy hangers so I used children's size plastic "from the store" hangers and snapped of each end keeping the "hook" part of the hanger. - If you do that, remember to snap in the direction away from yourself to avoid injury.

1. Put up the shower curtain - make sure its tight and sturdy
2. Hang all your spray bottles at one end

3. Take your gallon size bags and poke a small hole at the bottom-center to put the hanger through.

4. Poke the hanger through the hole in the bag
5. Organize all your stuff under the sink and place in bags accordingly, seal the bags closed.

6. Hang the bags on the rod and admire how organized you are!


I love the bags because I can see whats in them and its easy to add and remove things from the bags instead of rummaging through a box. It has also deleted my junk on the counter and provided a place for things that have no place - and organized them!

Happy Organizing!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me. My cupboard under the kitchen sink is a black hole. This is my next project.

    ReplyDelete