Friday, February 10, 2012

Hide the Spinach - Chocolate Berry Smoothie!

Whenever I get on the roll of working out daily, I get into this mode of not wanting to eat breakfast. But breakfast is the most important meal of the day! My solution has been smoothies, every morning! I was making the same smoothie every morning....and its been 2 weeks and I needed a new smoothie recipe. I searched all over pinterest and constantly saw GREEN Smoothie recipes, ya know, the ones with spinach in them....to me spinach tastes like dirt, I like it cooked, but fresh...I just don't see it going into a smoothie. All the blogs claim you can't taste it...I have many friends who would beg to differ.

Spinach is a super food, so I figured - anything is better with chocolate right? and a frozen element should also help hide the spinach flavor...and I was right. This is my new favorite smoothie! I was so excited by how great it came out that I took the picture below with my simple cell phone, and ran to blog this!! Hope you enjoy it, My 5 and 2 year old boys certainly did as well!



Hide the Spinach - Chocolate Berry Smoothie

1 cup of fat free milk (feel free to substitute with almond/soy/coconut milk etc)
1 cup FROZEN blueberries
2 handfuls rinsed fresh baby spinach
5 strawberries
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1-2 Tbsp Stevia in the raw extract (Not watching calories? Sweeten with sugar/agave/honey etc)

Blend Smooth!

225 calories for the whole thing! It was about a glass and a half for me.

**I'll admit, I could NOT taste the spinach the entire consumption process. However, I let the last sip sit in the glass a few minutes and went back to finish it off and I did catch a taste bud glimpse of it. But considering that was the only moment and circumstance I tasted it....I'll take it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment