Friday, June 22, 2012

How my dresser mirror became a headboard



My husband and I have been married almost 9 years, we bought our bedroom set a week before we got married. Since then, the bed has fallen apart, So our mattresses sit on a new simple frame. The dresser is hanging in there, it sits under our large bedroom window. which means the "Over the Dresser" mirror was evicted to the "office"

I tried to sell the mirror, no takers. It sat, and it sat, and it sat....and it takes up a lot of visual space too. I makes our "office" feel more and more like a scene from the show "Storage Wars".

I have no interest in sanding anything down or popping out mirrors. I decided to take a chance and just spray paint the whole thing and hope for the best! Yes, I even spray painted right over the mirrors! I was worried the sheen on the mirrors would look different than the sheen of the paint on the wood. It really looks like one solid wood piece! Yes, I'm thrilled.

Before:

And the After:

Our bed looked pretty sad before, with just the blank wall and pillows, I'm pretty happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment