Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bears on the Beach Cupcakes

I needed cupcakes to go with a Luau theme. I found this idea online, its on many websites so I can't really say who came up with it, But I'm sharing my "EASY- I have two boys running around the house and I don't have a lot of time" version!


Ingredients:

Cupcakes and frosting- All that is up to you-it doesn't really matter what flavors, do what you like! I did a pineapple cake mix and replaced water with pineapple juice. The frosting was vanilla pudding mix, mixed with 1/2 of the milk according to the package directions, a handful of chopped up pineapple tidbits, and folded in cool whip until it was the consistency I wanted.

Graham Crackers
Fruit by the foot
Teddy Grahams
Mini Umbrellas (I got mine at the dollar store)

Make the cupcakes, Frost when cool.
SAND: Crush the graham Crackers and cover the frosting to look like a sandy beach
BEACH TOWEL: Cut fruit by the foot a half inch longer than the length of a teddy graham-place towel towards one side of the cupcake.
BEAR: Place the teddy Graham on top of the "beach towel"
Umbrella: Stick the umbrella into the cupcake at an angle, over the bear.



Now you have a Bear, laying out on the sand under an umbrella!

If  you wanted to take it up a notch, you can reserve some frosting, tint it blue and swipe it across a little less than half the cupcake and then top it with some rainbow or cookie goldfish to resemble the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment