Monday, September 12, 2011

Party Worthy Fruit Kabobs

I needed some kind of healthy snack to serve at a church youth activity. What better way to draw in teenagers to eat fruit before dashing for the cupcakes than to put fruit on skewers!

Ingredients:
1 small bag of green grapes
1 small watermelon.
wood skewers
Serves-12

I cut the watermelon in half. One half I cut up entirely into small chunks for the kabobs.
The other half I sliced off the bottom/rounded portion of the rind so that it would sit flat and not roll away. I placed some napkins under the watermelon in case it leaked onto the table (you could just put it on a nice platter-but considering I was displaying this at a youth activity with volley ball to follow I didn't want to risk bringing home broken dishes!)

So for the back row-I skewered Grapes first and alternated with the watermelon from there. The next row, I started with watermelon first on the skewers. By alternating the skewers by row it makes it visually look better.

Of course you can use more than just watermelon and grapes, and the base you stick the skewers into could be a pineapple or some other melon. Get creative! I used what Walmart had to offer at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment